This Update Includes:
- G-Sensor Sensitivity Adjustment – In previous firmware versions the G-Sensor settings are too sensitive for many cars. This resulted in too many files being protected, which caused Memory Full messages and potential lockup issues. This update adjusts G-Sensor sensitivity to proper levels.
- Miscellaneous updates and bug fixes
FIRMWARE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
README.txt .... Installation Instructions
ehd68.bin ........ Firmware file
** WARNING **
This firmware update should ONLY be applied to models CDR 825 and CDR 825E
- Turn off the dash cam.
- Connect the dash cam to the computer with a USB cable. Be sure to connect the USB cable to the USB jack on the side of the dash cam (not to the DC IN power jack).
- After connecting the USB cable, press the power button on the dash cam to turn it on.
- A menu should appear on the dash cam. Highlight PC MODE and press the ENTER button (next to the power button).
- A USB symbol should appear on the dash cam, and the computer should recognize the dash cam as a mass storage device.
- On the computer, open COMPUTER or MY COMPUTER and find the dash cam under "Devices with removeable storage".
- Double-click on the dash cam. You should see a folder called DCIM. Do not proceed unless you see the DCIM folder.
- Drag and drop the ehd68.bin file onto the dash cam. Be sure to drop the file onto a blank area, do not drop the file onto any folders. The file will be copied into the dash cam.
- Unplug the USB cable from the dash cam. The dash cam should turn off.
- Plug the USB cable into the DC IN power jack on the dash cam. The dash cam should turn on.
- A FIRMWARE UPDATE menu should appear. Highlight YES and press the ENTER button (next to the power button).
- The firmware update should install, after which the dash cam will turn off.
The firmware has been successfully updated. The ehd68.bin file must now be deleted as follows:
- Press the power button on the dash cam to turn it back on. The FIRMWARE UPDATE menu should appear.
- Highlight DELETE and press the ENTER button.
- The dash cam should switch to the normal operating mode and begin recording video.
This completes the update.
- If the update does not load, make sure that you copy the ehd68.bin file to the root of the dash cam.
If the firmware file is placed inside a folder, then it will not be found.
- If the firmware update loads every time the dash cam is turned on, then you have not deleted the ehd68.bin file.
Please perform steps 13-15 above.