This update version fixes beep sound when it is disabled in the menu setting. Unzip the file to access the .bin firmware file.
DASH 220, 2208, 2216D
DASH 2300, 2308, 2316D, and CCDC 4500
- Turn off the dash cam.
- Connect the dash cam to the computer with the USB cable. Be sure to use the short data cable (not the long power cable).
- A menu should appear on the dash cam. Press the ENTER button (far right button) to choose "Connect to Computer".
- A USB symbol should appear on the dash cam and the computer should recognize the dash cam as a mass storage device.
- On the computer, open COMPUTER or MY COMPUTER and find the dash cam under "Devices with removeable storage".
- Double-click on the dash cam. You should see a folder called DCIM. Do not proceed unless you see the DCIM folder.
- Drag and drop the SD_CarDV.bin file onto the dash cam. Be sure to drop the file onto a blank area, do not drop the file onto the DCIM folder.
- Press and hold the power button in the upper-right corner to turn off the dash cam. Do not unplug the USB cable.
- Press the power button in the upper-right corner to turn the dash cam back on. An "Update Firmware" menu should appear.
- Press the ENTER button (far right button) to choose "Yes".
- The firmware will be updated, after which the dash cam will turn off.
- After the dash cam turns off, press the power button in the upper-right corner to turn it back on.
- You should again see the "Update Firmware" menu. Scroll down to "Delete" and press the ENTER button.
This completes the update. You may unplug the USB cable.