Most of the time, if there is an issue connecting to your device via Bluetooth, we can rectify it by moving through the following steps. Give it a try, and let us know if the problem persists.
- Unplug the detector.
- Check your phone's Bluetooth settings to see if your detector/device is listed there. If it is listed, forget the device to remove it.
- Restart/reset your phone
- Once it restarts, plug the detector back in and power it on. Then, open and log back into your Escort Live or Drive Smarter account. Open the app menu and go to to Devices, tap on it. Once there, you should see your device populate. Find it and tap on it to connect.
- If the above does not work, then repeat the process, but this time remove ALL other Bluetooth devices, including your vehicle, from the phone's BT devices/settings before you restart/reset the phone.
- If this still does not provide a positive result, we recommend trying to connect to a different phone (ideally, a different model) to discern whether the problem lies within the detector or whether there is a compatibility issue with your phone. If it does not populate or connect in Devices (in the app) using other phones, as a last ditch effort, try reloading the detector's software using Detector Tools (https://www.escortradar.com/pages/update-your-device). This could potentially repair an issue with the software. If this does not prove effective, a repair may be in order. If that is the case, please let us know and we will assist you with that process.
- If the device DOES connect to another phone, again, let us know. We will need your phone information (model, OS version) to provide to our app support team in the hope that they can provide a remedy.
Please note; some older devices us an older version of Bluetooth. For older devices, you will follow the same basic steps as above, but pair your device in the phone's Bluetooth setting menu, not in the app itself.