App shows device is "Out of Range" even though I am sitting right beside it.
Modified on: Mon, 20 Dec, 2021 at 5:17 PM
- Please confirm you have Bluetooth turned on, on the smartphone.
- Confirm that the device is powered on, turned on completely, and is responsive to button presses.
- The app scans for devices periodically, so user can try waiting for a minute or so for initial connection. Typically, device is seen in 5-10 seconds but there may be differences based on the OS/ version / hardware.
- Try tapping on the tile showing the Device under the "Vehicle" to refresh its status.
- Android Users: Check that Drive Smarter’s location permissions have been set to “Allow All the Time”. Certain versions of Android prevent automatic Bluetooth connectivity when this setting is disabled or set to “While Using the App”. This can be changed by going to your phone’s permission (Settings > Apps > Drive Smarter > Permissions > Location > “Allow All the Time”)
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.