For reliable operation, please try the following recommendations:
- Keep the microphone close to your mouth. The closer the better.
- Start with the VOX sensitivity high. If stray sounds activate the transmitter, turn down the VOX sensitivity.
- The sensitivity level you obtain in step 2 will determine how loud you must talk to initiate the VOX. The lower the sensitivity, the louder you must speak.
- The VOX circuit takes approximately 1/2 second to turn on the transmitter. Because of this slight delay, it is normal to lose the first word of a transmission. If you blow into the microphone, etc., to activate the transmitter, then you will not loose the first word.
- If you pause to long when speaking, the VOX will turn off.