The 29 LTD (and variants) have an antenna warning on the front panel as described below:
- On the 29 LX and the 29 LX LE, it will actually say “Antenna Warning” on the display
- On all other models there is an antenna light that is labeled “ANT”
The antenna warning should only come on if the SWR is over 3. If the antenna warning comes on when the SWR is below 3, then the antenna warning needs to be adjusted.
This document describes how to adjust the antenna warning.
STEP 1: Unscrew the bottom cover
STEP 2: Remove the bottom cover
Important note if your radio has Bluetooth
There is a USB circuit board that must be moved in order to gain access to the antenna warning adjustment. The USB circuit board is located next to where the power cord connects to the radio. See the picture below. There are 2 screws which mount the board.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Unscrew the 2 screws. One of the screws has a fiber washer, be careful not to lose the washer.
- Move the board aside.
- After moving the board aside, put some paper under it so that it does not touch anything and short-out.
- Reconnect the power cord.
- Complete the adjustment procedure on the next page.
After you are all done, unplug the power cord and then screw the USB circuit board back into position. Be sure to install the fiber washer in the correct location -- see below picture.
STEP 3: Adjust VR6
NOTES: Different versions of the 29 may look slightly different than the below picture, however the location of VR6 will still be the same as shown. Use a small slotted screwdriver to turn VR6. To avoid damaging VR6, please turn gently!